Saturday, November 11, 2017

Sleeping On The Couch

The single rooms have a couch that can be unfolded and slept on. Here's a few tips I've learned over the many weeks I've slept on one.

  • ProTip: The back to the sofa can be unfolded and slept on. If you do so, as intended, you'll find that it slopes gently towards the outside of the sofa. This can be a bit unsettling and make you feel like you're going to fall on the floor. To counteract that angle, flip the cushion around before unfolding. i.e. take the left side of the cushion and put it on the right side. After you unfold it, it will feel flatter, and you won't get that feeling you're going to fall.
  • My "well duhhh" tip: After spending about 8 weeks in the hospital, I finally figured out I should put a fitted sheet around the cushion. I kept putting a flat sheet on top, which obviously slides all around. The fitted sheet rocked my world. OMG. lol. I'm so dumb, I know.
  • Bring a pillow from home. The ones the hospital provides are not that great.
  • Bring a comforter from home. Bringing a piece of home to the hospital will give you comfort at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Welcome to the Parents Planning Guide to staying at Rady Children's Hopsital Over the last couple of months I've spent over 10 wee...